The website JohnBusbyArtist.co.uk is run on behalf of the Estate of John Philip Busby. You can contact me, Rachel Shearer (John Busby’s daughter) through the website, or at
94 Hepburn Gardens, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9LN. GB
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect your personal data when you contact us through the website. This is usually your name and email address and we use this information to answer any query or comment you make.
If during any further exchange of emails or other communications you indicate that you would like to buy an artwork, book or other goods then we will acquire and keep records of your contact details and payment methods for the lawful purpose of facilitating a sale. We would only keep this information as required by law for business purposes, and only share it if legally required to do so.
If you buy something from us we may send you information about current or future exhibitions, sales or information about the works of John Busby that we feel you may be interested in. You can opt out of these information emails at any time. There are unlikely to be that many. You may also opt in to receive this information – and opt out at any time.
Cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better.
These are the rights you have in relation to your personal data:
- Right to be informed – we need to tell you various things about us and our data processing activities.
- Right to access – you have a right ask if we hold personal data about you and, if so, you have a right to access that data and to know how it’s used.
- Right to rectification – you have a right to have your personal data updated if it is not correct or completed it if it’s incomplete.
- Right to erasure (the “right to be forgotten”) – you have a right to have your personal data removed from our systems.
- Right to restrict processing – you have a right to restrict our processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability – you have a right to be provided with a copy of your personal data in machine-readable electronic format.
- Right to object – you have a right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to automated processing – you have a right to object to decisions based on automated processing (including profiling).
Many of the above rights contain exceptions and conditions that affect how and when they apply. You can find out more information about individual rights at the ICO website.
If you want to see a copy of any personal data we hold about you, or exercise any of your other rights, please send your request to me at the address above.
You also have a right to lodge a formal complaint the relevant supervisory authority (the ICO) if you think we’ve breached your rights.
HOW TO CONTACT US
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Updates to our data policy will be published here. This policy was reviewed and updated April 2020